Saturday, May 23, 2009

First Full Day

Today was our first full day here in Sansepolcro. We woke up a tad late (all alarms were set on military time so none of them went off at the right time) and went down for a breakfast of croissants and tea. After breakfast I took another cat nap and got ready for my day. Kiran and I went for a long walk with two other girls to explore more of Sansepolcro. This morning they had a big market were we got to look at clothing and handmade toys. After our walk we woke up our other two roomates and the three of us went on another exploration of the town. Lunch was delicious! We had white wine, polenta, salad, bread, meatballs, and french fries? hehe too funny. After lunch we had orientation on the back garden which overlooks at crossbow shooting range, so every now and then we got to hear them go off. After orientation we had a long walking tour and purchased our bus tickets for our excursion next week to Florence. I am a little nervous because it is suppose to be one of the more dangerous cities when it comes to pick pocketing but I am sure with caution it will be alright. Six of us girls also planned our long vacation next week to Rome, Sorrento, Pompei, and Capri. Its a lot to do in 4 days but we are hoping we can see everything. We have already found our hostel for rome which is ironically titled, The Beehive. After that, we went and got dinner, real italian pizza and sodas. It was amazing, best pizza I have ever had in my life. We also traveled to Angihari today and saw a religious concert put on by a church there. Although, it was quite long and I understood nothing it was a good time. We met a young girl there and I practiced my Italian and we actually had a pretty lengthy conversation forthe both of us knowing little of each others language. Our driver, Luca was nice enough to show us the city and bring us home to sansepolcro. Tomorrow is our first day of classes, they start at 8am (grr) so we will see how that goes! I also found postcards today so please comment me your address so I can send you some mail.
Hope all is well!
Ti amo
SB

2 comments:

Auntie Pam said...

WOW it sounds like you are having a blast. Im soooooooooo GREEN with envy. I cant wait to see the pic of the grocery store. How funny. Enjoy every second and take in all. Remember most of what we worry about will never ever happen. We miss you but are very proud of where you are and what you are doing. Enjoy. I love thes blogs. Auntie Pam

Melissa said...

You know I love mail :)

529 Brighton Park Drive
Apt. 7
Greenville, NC 27834

I am jealous of all the delicious Italian food.