Sunday, May 24, 2009

First Day of Classes

Ok, classes are way too early! We woke up this morning at 7:45 for breakfast and classes started at 8. I dont think I have woken up on a Sunday morning that early in months. Our first class was a crash course Italian taught by this citizen of Sansepolcro apply named, Sarah!. She taught us how to introduce ourselves, state our age, nationality, profession, and were we live. After that we had I.D.S class which is basically a class about Italy were we go on excursions, today we went to church in the large cathedral at the town square. First off, its a Catholic ceremony all in Italian which was hard to understand and nothing like the churches here. They have no daycare services so the children basically run-a-muck for a few hours and the parents chase them too and fro. This was great for us because I understood nothing of what the priest was saying but the children were sure entertaining to walk. The congregation was informal with people in jeans and they talked during the actual service. You are also allowed to stand and people stood in line to give confession during the actual service. After that, we headed back to the Servi and started our third and final class which for me is modern drama. We had an hour an a half of class and then broke for lunch. Lunch today was funny, the nice cooking ladies made me plain pasta but the girls didnt realize it was for me and ate it all before I got it :( The second course, however, I could eat which consisted of spinach, bread, pork, and the most amazing potatoes I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. I have also decided that a small glass of wine with lunch before class makes everything much more enjoyable. So we finished our last class and my other roommates and I went for a long nap. After waking up in the late afternoon I took a shower (this shower puts gigis old shower to shame, its saying a lot that I get claustrophobic in it) and we booked our two hotels for the Rome trip. We will be traveling Monday to Sorrento for two nights (staying in the Ostello le sirene di sorrento) and one night in rome (staying in the Hostel Alessandro Palace). Then we ate dinner at the fabulous pizza place we discovered yesterday, read our theatre assignment at the pub and finished the night with some gelatto. Spent more than I wanted probably 7 euro all together but oh well! Tomorrow we have some classes cancelled because we are making the trek to Casa Buttoni to check out their experimental kitchen and have lunch made for us by their top chefs. Some of the people in Sansepolcro have never even been invitied to this place so its a high honor for us to visit. They asked three of us to sing after lunch so will let you know how that goes. Anywhoo, hope everyone is enjoying my little updates. Love you all!
Ciao!
-SB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm this looks like you are having a way too good time, I think your parents should join you as chaperones!!! Sounds great Sara, continue to enjoy and find me some good red wines for me ok!!! (Mom says write them down LOL). Love ya
The "Rents"