Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day before the big leap

Welcome to my Blog!

So this will be my blog for my European adventures this summer in Italy, Switzerland, and London.  I leave tomorrow morning bright and early at 8:30 am with all my fellow angels.  Everyone keeps asking me if I am excited for my upcoming travels and I feel bad saying that I am more nervous than anything else.  I just hope I have all my ducks in line for the journey and I have packed enough supplies to last me two months.  I know I will be able to buy things while being abroad but I hope that I have taken care of all the vital essentials.  I cant seem to concretely express how I am feeling at the moment because I am such a jumble of emotions, insecurities, wishes, and goals for this trip.  On one hand I am petrified of leaving the home I have made in Raleigh for the last 3 years and venture into a land that I know little about with a language that I speak nothing of.  Part of me is pumped to see all these monuments and sights that I have only pictured in my mind or witnesses in books/television.  At the same time I hope I have prepared myself to walk into this situation and handle whatever is thrown at me in a safe manner.  I know this experience will change my life and I can't wait for the changes to come, I guess its just the fear of the unknown that is a tad unsettling ;)

Phew, ranting aside.  I am very excited for this new chapter in my book to begin.  
To all my friends and family that will be reading while I am gone, I just want you all to know how much I love and miss you and I will try my best to keep this blog up as periodically as I can.
I guess the next time you hear from me I will be in Italy (ack!)
Sara Cro.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

The nerves are completely normal. If you had asked me how I was the night before I left, I would have responded just like you - more nervous than excited. But you are an interested, curious, intelligent, competent Meredith woman and you will take Europe by storm! I know it ;).

Anonymous said...

Sara, dad and I are so glad that you have settled in and are loving it there! We love you lots and please keep in touch with us, we are having Sara withdrawals right now, hehehe
Love, Mom and Dad

Auntie Pam said...

WOW you are having such an awesome time. I cant wait to see all the pics. SORRY about the corn in beer. Who would have thought. Glad you bought another skirt. I know you enjoyed shopping. All is well here. VERY VERY HOT!!!!!!! tAKRE CARE AND ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY Love ya Auntie Pam