Friday, May 22, 2009

Finally Arrived

Well we have arrived here in Sansepolcro, Italy. Forgive me if this entry is not the best spelled I am still getting use to this new keyboard they have here. So our flight from Rdu to NYC was pretty uneventful. It was however, the smallest plane I have been on, in a long time. It was a three seat width plane, and I had a seat all to myself on one side. We had a long layover in Nyc where we took in our last American food (thank you McDonalds and your wonderful chicken nuggets) and played uno and the game (curt I am not sure what the title of the name is) and I think we made some converts out of some of the girls on the trip. The plane from NYC to Rome was enourmous! And I ofcourse, got placed in the middle isle middle row (lucky me). The seats were pretty comfortable and the food good but between nerves, homework, and my body I just could not get any sleep! I think I got around 2 hours, we woke up and head a great breakfast before we landed in Roma. The airport in Rome was less frightening than I thought it would be, but passport check in was a big confusing nightmare. Thankfully, I was waived through and picked up my in-one-piece bag. We then chartered a bus to Sansepolcro, which was about a three hour ride. I wish I could say that I stayed up the whole time taking pictures and breathing in the sights that wizzed past us, but alas I was pooped and curled up into my two seats and fell asleep. I did however see the first half an hour of leg and man the scenery out here is more picturesque than I could have ever dreamed. The hills are large, the cars are small,and I fell in love within minutes. The town we are staying in is probably around the same size as Henderson and Oxford put together except much more beautiful (no offense! hehe) Each building has a beautiful large,thick front door and gorgeous wooden shutters. Every building is a different neutral tone with vines and flowers growing all around. We settled into the Servi which will be our home for the next month or so and I am living in a quad room with Me, Kiran S., Spencer P., and a girl named Kristin. They are all beautiful and I cannot wait to get to know each of them better. We had a light lunch and then did a walking tour of the town visiting the grocery store (apply entitled Pam dont worry I took a picture ;) After that we had dinner it was amazing three courses of Pesto pasta, chicken peas and salad, and a wonderful strawberry desert. Next six of us ladies went out and enjoyed our first gelato (mine was chocolate and coffee AMAZING!) After that we walked the town for an hour or so trying horribly to blend in with the Italian folk. Later we returned home and I wrote in my journal and finished homework. So far I have learned: Basta! (stop), Smetah deendespeerme (stop bothering me), Prego (welcome), escuzi (excuse me), Ciao (hello,goodbye), dazzo! (damn), gelato (yummy goodness) and various pick up lines! hehe. I am happy to be here and awaiting what tomorrow brings. Miss you all and look forward from you soon.

All my love! (ti amo!)
SB (mouse)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Miss you too, love. It sounds amazing. I'm so happy for you to be there. :)