Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jewlery Day!

Hey there,
So today was a good mix of old and new stuff. We woke up around 7:45 had breakfast, and went to our Italian and Theatre class. Usually we have three classes so one was removed and we got out at 12:30 for lunch (hooray!) Lunch was awesome as usual, the nice ladies made me plain pasta and everyone else this tomato and red pepper pasta that everyone seemed to die over. After we had bread, green beans with olive oil, salad, and garlic crusted fish. It was so goood, I am beginning to think I am enjoying the food here too much. I hope to not have to buy a whole new set of clothes before I come back or have to be wheeled off of the plane in RDU so I am going to try and cut down on my crazy Italian food intake. I am not its not too bad, and I havent really noticed any changes in my body but I feel like people are constantly eating here. Its like Italians live to eat not eat to live so I am constantly being told to eat more! Granted, the food here is "more healthy" but gelato everyday still doesnt seem to be all that great for my figure ;)

Anywho, after lunch Kiran, Spencer, Kaitlin, and I had a little group room clean up session, cause our room was getting a bit overwhelming with clothes and bottles and whatnot. Then I forgoed my usual mid-day nap (another little tid bit that Italians love to do) and started my paper that was suppose to be due tomorrow but later got moved to thursday. After an hour or so of that, we headed out to the jewlery designers house. We Meredith ladies are so very lucky, and we have an in with a local jewlery designer that each year opens her home for us to come and visit and purchase oodles of her designs. It seems to be a win win situation for both sides. The jewlery was GORGEOUS to say the least and with 23 girls clamoring around a table a quickly became a free for all until the designer told us she had duplicates of everything. It was also nice that everything wasnt crazy expensive. There were inexpensive earrings, rings, pendants, necklaces, and then more expensive bracelets and other larger items. I bought myself some 5 euro earrings and a 10 euro ring, which looks very nice on my finger as I sit here typing this blog (thank you me! hehe) but mainly I got gifts for all of the pretty ladies in my life! hehe. I had to limit myself though because I kept finding things for people and then had to set it back down remembering that I have Venice next week, which is famous for their handblown glass. Afterwards, I walked back to the Servi and finished my paper so that it would be out of the way for the rest of the week. Then I finished The DaVinci Code (thanks chris) which I started on the plane here. My next "for fun" book will not actually be that much fun, because its a book I need to have read for a class I am taking in London. So tomorrow, we dont have classes (huzzah!) and we are instead waking up for an 8:30 departure to Asisi and Perugia for the day. Some of you may think Perugia sounds familiar, and thats probably because its been in the news lately. Recently, an American student was arressted there and charged with murdering her British roommate that was also studying abroad. They allege that she, her Italian boyfriend, and some other random dude killed her while on a drug/alcohol induced trip. I know, what joy! Cathy, and Greg insist that Perugia is a pretty place to visit despite this, but hopefully we wont be starred at, as potential murderers all day! Will let you know!
Ti amo!
Ciao
SB

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sure you're doing enough walking and whatnot that the food isn't having too big of an affect on you. Also, enjoy the Italian food because the British food isn't nearly as amazing (or so I'm told, since I didn't make it to Italy myself). However, when you are in London, make sure to enjoy the scones and clotted cream!