Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Wreath!

Happy Valentines Everyone! (Or Singles Appreciation Day for my single folk!)
Hope your day was filled with love, laughter, and lots of chocolate! hehe

Alright, so I think this is going to be my last wreath for a bit.  I have officially made about 8 wreaths so far, and I am going a bit stir crazy for a new project.  I think I have found the new project too....will update you later this week (its a big one and I am pretty nervous about it!)

Anywho, here is my pretty Valentine's Heart Wreath....its oh so pretty!



Oh, I love it so much!  I think it looks pretty luxurious, and believe me its as soft as it looks!  I originally found it here.

So here is how you make it. You will need

1. 1 Heart Shaped Wreath Form (found mine at Jo-ann's for 4 bucks, they will probably be on sale now though as its Valentines.
2. Straight Pins (I bought a package of 700, though you will not need that many)
3. Red Felt (maybe a yard and a half or less?)

That's it! So easy.

Directions

1. Cut out circles.  I used a cup to measure mine and traced with a marker, no I have no idea how many I cut out (honestly I don't want to know).


2. Fold circle in half, like-a soo


3. Fold again.  (Thanks to my boyfriend for being a delicious hand model :)


4.  Now stick the straight pin through the pointed end of the circle.


5. Pin into form

6. Repeat a gazillion times!


And there you have it!  If you don't like the heart idea (for all you love haters!)  feel free to switch up the pattern and do a circle wreath with different colored felt (just make sure you get the wreath forms that are rounded).


Hope you all like it!


P. s   I have been tossing the idea around of selling these bad boys, anyone interested?  I need opinions as to whether I should open an etsy account or not, and name ideas!

Have a great Valentines!

Cro -  out!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Selllll iiiittttt - Tim