Friday, February 4, 2011

Caroline and Logan's Valentine Blog

Sorry I was a bit MIA this week, I got ANOTHER cold from the little man I nanny, so I have literally bed bound for the last couple of days with a roll of toilet paper in one hand and all matter of cold medicine in the other.

Despite the lack of blog activity I have finished count um' 3 new wreath's that are going to be sent out to there lucky owners tomorrow morning! woo hoo! I am so excited!!! I truly hope the people that get them, love them and maybe they are kind enough to take pictures with them for me?? I would also love pictures of them hanging on your doors!!

So the first one I am going to show you is the first in my series of Valentines Wreaths for the lovely Caroline and Logan Kennedy! Let me tell you, I am so glad I used these two as my first guinea pigs because this wreath is quite possibly my favorite thing I have ever made...ever. So Caroline and Logan are two of the sweetest people that I met when I first moved down here to North Carolina. They both went to NC State, got engaged on campus (Logan proposed with a ring pop....um...precious), and I have been so lucky to stay in contact with both of them over the years.  They also recently got married (you can find their supa cute blog aqui) so I thought how fitting for a Valentines wreath to be given to this happy couple!!

So here it is, Hope you too like it!


Oh my gosh, this thing is so precious I cant even stand it!

For the full directions on how to make a wreath like this, check out my previous post! But here are the pictures of the wreath, through the creation process.


Here is the wreath form (what a boring picture)


So the first step to make the wreath is wrapping it in ribbon. I chose this beautiful Valentine red, that I love! As you can see this is also the start of applying the coffee filters.



Man, oh man did this turn out nice!  I love how the white filters make the wreath so fluffy, its just so girly. 


One of my favorite parts of this wreath is the sides; I am pretty proud of the ingenious idea I thought of to fix a problem I had with the last wreath.  So with the last wreath I didnt like that you could see through the ribbon to where I had hot glued it to the form.  I thought it just looked a bit messy, so I thought of colored straight pins.  This way I could pin the ribbon to the wreath and it was much more clean to look at.  Also, if Logan and Caroline hate the ribbon they can just un-pin it! 


I also pinned ribbon to the inside.  Tim thinks the back of the wreath looks like a flower (how artsy of him) and I agree.  This wreath is just so clean looking, I love it!  

So Logan and Caroline, I hope you love your wreath as much as I do!

Happy Valentine's!



3 comments:

Logan said...

I can't get over how awesome and sweet this is Sara!! And thats coming from a guy so you know it means a lot. I can't wait til we get it and we will take lots of pics.

Anonymous said...

So very cute Sara, the back is as beautiful as the front. Mom :-)

logan and caro said...

sara.. i don't even know what to say! you are so thoughtful and you have such a good heart. i wish all the best things for you, there aren't many people like you in the world! can't wait to hang it up :)